Cyclone Bicycle Supply is a bicycle parts distributor located in Portland, Oregon. Focused on providing superior customer service with an interactive human element to independent bike dealers, we have experienced an average of 30% growth per year since 2003.
Our Purchasing department is looking for an energetic Purchasing/Inventory Control Analyst. Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, the ideal candidate will be a self starter with a strong work ethic and an ability to prioritize projects to complete assigned tasks. Qualified candidates must be organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task, and take instruction as well as lead. The candidate will also comprehend the complexities of inventory control.
- Create, submit, negotiate, maintain, and process purchase orders from start to finish.
- Maintain sensible inventory levels through the challenges of continuous growth, seasonality of items, and widely varying lead times from international and national vendors.
- Assist, manage, and complete projects for inventory, catalog, website, and sales team.
- Work closely with vendors to establish relationships, negotiate problems, etc.
- Work closely with Cyclone’s sales team to improve sales and knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sizeable bicycle knowledge required; bicycle industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with an emphasis on data integration with multiple sources.
- Ability to interface with customer, employees and management at various levels within the organization.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and trust; Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a fun, casual and creative office environment in an innovative industry.
- 1-2 years prior purchasing or operations experience preferred.
- Crystal Reports experience is preferred
- Photoshop experience is preferred
How to Apply
Please email resume with position title in the subject line to: . Serious inquiries only please.