The OTTO Tuning System is a patent-pending system developed by a team of the best in the fields of computer science, photogrammetry, mechanical engineering, and App development.
OTTO operates from the simple principle of ensuring the bicycle derailleur jockey pulley is parallel to and aligned directly below the cassette gear selected at every shift. A vision alignment system built on the iPhone front facing camera platform and Siri’s voice guidance is used in combination with a set of OTTO Gauges to precisely locate all critical components of a bicycle’s drive system.
Each OTTO Gauge is designed with unique features that allow it to perfectly align to its assigned bicycle component. The multidimensional shape of each gauge along with the vision targets allow the gauges to be identified and located in 3-dimensional space with a precision better than 0.001 inches from a single image. The distance and angles between components in the same image can be measured precisely with this method. Comparing positions of the bicycle components over multiple images provides distance traveled and the system records the positions of all major derailleur components at necessary shift points.
Statistical methods are used with the recorded shift positions to find the component location adjustment to restore the bicycle to perfect shifting. Algorithms use this information to calculate the ideal settings which are communicated to the user through the OTTO software. The system will either confirm the bicycle component has been adjusted to its ideal location, or it will provide the user with a refined derailleur adjustment.
• Convenient - Do-It-Yourself. Make adjustments on your schedule.
Easy to Use - Interactive screen graphics and clear audio instructions.
Fast - CHECK confirms your tune quality in under 30 seconds.
Complete - TUNE provides barrel nut adjustments in under a minute and complete limit screw verification and adjustment in less than 10 minutes. *requires In-App purchase
Precise - Ensures shifting accuracy to +/- 0.125 mm (0.005 inches), less than 1/8 barrel nut turn.
• Platform Compatibility: iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6+, 6s, & 6s+ running OS 8.1 or newer including iOS9
(Android not currently supported)
• Rear Derailleur Compatibility: Shimano 9-11 speed derailleurs SRAM 9-11 speed derailleurs MTB with barrel nut at handlebar have limited support/functionality.
• Audio-Guided Adjustments: CHECK: Confirms tune quality / need for further adjustment
TUNE: (Fast) Barrel nut only
TUNE: (Complete) Barrel Nut, High Limit, Low Limit, Cable Tension.
• *Tuning and multiple bike profile functions require In-App Purchase; ranging from single use to one year programs. Click here for details. Note: The OTTO App includes other Free functionality, including the all-new CHECK function, which does not require In-App purchase.
* Internet connectivity is required during the gauge registration process.